Politique de confidentialité
Last Updated: June 8, 2023
1. WHERE WE DO (AND DO NOT) COLLECT INFORMATION.
(a) Games. In general, Jackbox’s games do not collect Personal Information. The exception relates to technical information, such as IP address, and is described in detail below at Section 2(f). But our games never seek other Personal Information, such as your name, email address, phone number, or the like. Some of our games do have opportunities to just input freeform data. PLEASE DO NOT INPUT PERSONAL INFORMATION INTO SUCH FREEFORM FIELDS. Jackbox does not consider or treat anything inputted into a freeform field as Personal Information.
(b) Sales. When you purchase games, clothing, or other merchandise through our storefront, our third-party vendor collects Personal Information as outlined below in Section 2, and we have access to that data as specified below.
(c) Support. When you contact us with a question or concern regarding our games, Personal Information as specified in Section 2 is collected.
(d) Marketing. We sometimes ask you to voluntarily give us Personal Information in order to keep you apprised of, for example, our latest games, discounts, events, and other marketing activities. Examples of where we ask for such marketing information include polls, contests, or newsletters.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT. We collect “Personal Information” in a number of ways when you visit or use the Service. Personal Information is generally defined as information about you that can be used to contact or identify you, such as your name, e-mail address, home address, or telephone number. Additionally, we are permitted to collect demographic information, such as your age, gender, country and zip code of residence, other geo-locational information, recent game purchases, and game ownership and preferences. This demographic information will be associated with your Personal Information. If this demographic information is connected with Personal Information, we will treat the demographic information as Personal Information. Personal Information does not include aggregate information, which is data we collect about the characteristics and activities of users of the Service from which any Personal Information has been removed.
(a) Information You Provide To Us Directly. When you interact with the Service in the manners specified above in Section 1, we collect, store, and use information that you voluntarily provide to us. For example, if you create an account with us (which only occurs in the context of purchasing games, clothing, or other merchandise through our third-party storefront or when interacting with our customer support portal), you may be required to provide certain identifying information, such as your name, address, age, e-mail address, a password and other information that helps us confirm that it is you accessing your account. In addition, you may voluntarily submit Personal Information when you make a purchase, sign up for newsletters, send us feedback, post on our Facebook fan page or submit User Generated Content (as defined in our Terms of Service).
(d) Information About Your Play and Interaction With Other Players. We collect information about how you use the Service and interact with other users of the Service, including on the Controller Website, to analyze user behavior in our games. For example, we collect user information to determine how often a user plays a particular game, activates certain features of the game, purchases premium content, and other Service-related events. We also collect, store, and use information that you provide through features available through the Service, such as opportunities to provide freeform responses. Please note that when you voluntarily disclose Personal Information during the game, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other internet users. We do not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of third parties.
(f) Technical Usage Information and Cookies
Log Data and Mobile Devices. When you use the Service, our servers record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data includes information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, or the webpage you were visiting before you came to the Service, pages of the websites involved in the Service that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for, access times and dates, and other information. If you access the Service from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device or other transactional information for that device, such as your device type, geo-location, and operating system. Log Data is tied to your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as if you have linked a Third Party Service account to your JBG account.
For more information about how third-party cookies are used for targeted advertising and how to opt out of certain third-party advertising related cookies, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org, www.aboutads.info/choices, youradchoices.ca, or www.youronlinechoices.eu. Note that opting out does not mean you won’t see ads; rather, it means that the advertising you see may not be as relevant to you.
JBG uses some or all of the following cookies on its Service (including its websites and mobile apps) for analytics and/or marketing purposes. Please note that while this list is regularly updated, we do not guarantee that it is fully up-to-date. In addition, other cookies and similar technologies may be used for other purposes and on JBG-branded websites hosted by third parties, such as, Shopify and Twitch.
(g) Customer Support Information. When you ask for assistance from our customer support team (either directly or through one of our service providers), we will collect and store the contact information you provide (generally your name and e-mail address), information about your game play or activity on the Service, and your user ID number. We will also store and use the correspondence and any information contained within.
(a) To Provide, Manage, and Promote the Service. We use the information we collect from and about users to provide the Service to you; to analyze and improve the Service; to maintain the integrity of the Service; to personalize your experience by delivering relevant content, advertising, and marketing messages; to allow you to comment on the Service, participate in contests, and promotions; to enable you to communicate and share with other users or services; and to provide you with customer support and respond to inquiries.
(b) To Allow Third-Parties to Assist Us In Providing and Managing the Service. We share information, including Personal Information, with certain third party service providers, such as contractors, agents, or sponsors, who help us manage or provide the Service by, for example: developing or supporting products and features; conducting email marketing on our behalf; web-hosting; processing payments; administering message boards; fulfilling orders; processing data or statistics; and/or assisting with the administration, judging, and prize fulfillment aspects of contests and promotions. These outside service providers are required to protect any Personal Information entrusted to them and not use it for any other purpose than the specific services they are providing to JBG.
We may also share your Personal Information with third party vendors to facilitate the creation and delivery of custom merchandise created using the Service (e.g., print-on-demand items from games like Tee KO and Patently Stupid).
(c) To Facilitate Communication Between Friends and Other Players. If you access the Service through a Third Party Service, your friends on the Third Party Service may see your name, profile, and descriptions of your game activity (e.g., high scores and achievements). This information may also be used to provide in-game leader boards and promote in-game player achievements to you and other players. In addition, friends and other players will be able to see your game profile, which may include your name or a “game name” and your player likeness, profile photo, or other avatar representing you, which in certain cases can reveal your Third Party Service user ID. Access to your Third Party Service user ID may allow others to view the public information associated with your related Third Party Service account. Other players may also be able to send you game requests and friend requests through the related Third Party Service’s communication channels.
(d) To Contact You. We are committed to providing you with the best possible user experience and, therefore, one of the key uses of your Personal Information is to communicate with you. We may periodically contact you in connection with customer support inquiries, to alert you as to the status of your account, and to keep you informed of your in-game activity, including comments from friends and notifications about in-game status, achievements, and standings. Some messages, such as invites for friends to join you in a game, may include your name and profile photo. We may also contact you by e-mail for research purposes so that we can continually improve and update the Service based on your input.
We may also send you communications directly or in partnership with companies other than JBG to provide you with special offers and other services. If you want to stop receiving promotional materials from JBG or its partners, follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each party’s e-mail. There are certain service notification e-mails that you may not opt-out of as long as you are registered with or subscribed to the Service, such as notifications of changes to our Service or policies.
(f) To Others. Where you opt in to permit your Personal Information to be shared with a third party, such third party is permitted to provide you with marketing and promotional offers that may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt out of receiving communications directly from such third party, you can follow the opt out instructions in the emails that they send you.
(h) Sale or Transfer of Assets. If JBG sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of its assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of its business, JBG will transfer your Personal Information to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
4. POLICY REGARDING CHILDREN. JBG does not knowingly request or collect personal information from children younger than 13 years of age. If you believe that we have collected personal information from a child under 13, please contact us as set forth in “Contacting Us” below, and we will take action as necessary to securely delete such information.
If you created an account with us directly (not through a Third Party Service), you may cancel the Service and close your account at any time. If you access the Service through a Third Party Service, you may cancel the Service by removing the relevant Service application (such as The Jackbox Party Pack on Steam) from your Third Party Service account. Please note that even after you cancel the Service, copies of some information that is publicly viewable may remain viewable in circumstances where, for example, your information has been posted on leader boards, you have commented on content on the Service or if another person copied, stored, or shared your information. As a matter of clarity, deactivation of an account is not immediate.
6. SECURITY. We have put in place reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, or disclosure. However, we do not guarantee, and explicitly disclaim any implied representation, warranty, or other promise, that unauthorized third parties will never be able to overcome those measures or use your Personal Information for improper purposes. Also please note that e-mail and messaging systems are not considered secure, so we discourage you from sending us Personal Information through these mediums.
9. CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA). Under California law, California residents who have an established business relationship with us may choose to opt out of the disclosure of personal information about them to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you choose to opt out at any time after granting approval, please email email@example.com.
Below are the categories of personal information we may have collected in connection with your use of the Service within the last twelve months:
- Includes direct identifiers such as name address, zip code, device id, IP address, third party platform identifiers and account details (e.g., PlayStation, Xbox, Steam, Facebook), and other online or unique identifiers).
- Customer Records. Includes your account and profile information and customer records that contain personal information, such as username, name, demographics and other characteristics or descriptions, email, address, telephone number, and other contact information.
- Commercial Information. Includes records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or use histories or tendencies.
- Usage Data. Includes browsing history, clickstream data, search history, access logs, information regarding your interactions with our websites, mobile apps and other Services and our marketing emails and online ads, and other and other usage data related to your use of the Services.
- Geolocation Data. Includes precise location information about a particular individual or device, such as device location information for mobile games users.
- Audio, Video and Electronic Data. Includes audio, electronic, visual, thermal, or similar information, photographs and images (e.g., that you provide us or post to your profile), call recordings (e.g., of customer support calls), and User photos submitted (such as profile images).
- Includes inferences drawn from other personal information that we collect.
While we do not disclose personal information to third parties in exchange for monetary compensation from such third parties, we do disclose or make available certain categories of personal information to third parties in order to receive certain services or benefits from them, such as when we make browsing history available to third-party ad companies (through third-party tags on our Service) in order to improve and measure our ad campaigns and reach users with more relevant ads and content.
As a California resident, you have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past twelve months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) such of your personal information, if any, as we have in our records, unless a statutory exception applies. To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only you (or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf) may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. There are a few rules for verifiable consumer requests:
- You may only make a verifiable consumer request twice within a 12-month period.
- Plus, the verifiable consumer request must (a) have enough information so we can verify that it’s really you, and (b) describe your request with enough detail so we understand, and can properly respond to, your request.
If we can’t verify that it’s you or understand what you are requesting, we will not be able to respond to your request or provide you with personal information. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify your identity.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights, and you will be able to continue to access the Service. If you have any questions or comments about your choices and rights under CCPA, please email us at email@example.com.
Finally, California law also requires us to tell you how JBG responds to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals from your web browser. When DNT is enabled, a user’s web browser sends a signal to websites visited by the user to indicate that the user does not want to be tracked. While JBG honors your privacy and choices, no common standard for DNT has been adopted by the technology industry or regulators. Therefore, JBG does not respond to or take any action with respect to a DNT signal sent from your web browser.
- Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your personal information and, if necessary, provide you with a copy of that personal information (along with certain other details).
- Right to correction (rectification): If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to request to have it corrected.
- Right to erasure: You can ask us to delete your personal information in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it or if you withdraw your consent (where applicable). If you request that we delete your personal information, we may do so by deleting your account(s) with us.
- Right to restrict (block) processing: You can ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of that personal information or you object to our use or stated legal basis.
- Right to data portability: You have the right, in certain circumstances, to receive a copy of personal information we have obtained from you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format.
- Right to object: Where our processing is on the basis of our legitimate interests (other than marketing purposes), we must stop such processing unless we have compelling legitimate grounds that override your interest or where we need to process it for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. Where we are relying on our legitimate interests (other than marketing), we believe that we have a compelling interest in such processing, but we will individually review each request and related circumstances.
- Right to object to marketing: You can ask us to stop processing your personal information to the extent we do so on the basis of our legitimate interests for marketing purposes.
- Right to withdraw your consent: In the event your personal information is processed on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Right to lodge a complaint: You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes the law.
Please note that some of these rights may be limited, such as where we have an overriding interest or legal obligation to continue to process the data. Please contact us using the information in “Contacting Us” set forth below.
811 W. Evergreen Ave.
Chicago, IL 60642
Attn: Customer Support